Allen and Shannon Hopps
About This Episode
Allen Hopps is the "Forrest Gump of the Haunted Attraction Industry" having contributed to several of America's iconic haunted attractions over the last 20 years. Days after high school graduation he drove a moped from Baltimore to Orlando to perform as an actor in a haunted house, and he's never regretted it for a moment since. Allen and his wife Shannon join ScareHouse Creative Director Scott Simmons and ScareHouse actress Jennifer Dallas for an inspiring and entertaining look back at the early days of the haunted attraction industry and a look forward to the new era of highly themed and immersive experiences.
- The mythology and creative design that drives the DARK HOUR team to produce entirely new productions all year round.
- Becoming addicted to haunted houses at 10 years and how a magazine changed his life
- Why "Terror on Church Street" in Orlando was one of the most influential haunted attractions ever
- Allen's marriage is a result of a gargoyle suit and a thousand mile leap of faith. This is a story you will not forget.
- Texas is a hotbed for horror and haunted houses
- The challenges and rewards of leading a cast of actors into "battle" every night of your season
- Why low-tech scares are increasingly effective within high-tech haunted attractions
- Skills you need to be a good haunted house actor
- Why Allen is so generous with his knowledge, experiences, and secrets via seminars, videos, and online content
For more information about Allen Hopps and Dark Hour:
Allen Hopps Facebook https://www.facebook.com/allen.hopps
Stiltbeast Studios DIY Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/StiltbeastStudios
Stilbeast Studios and Haunt Dawgs https://www.facebook.com/Stiltbeast-Studios-and-Haunt-Dawgs-274259909253076/
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!