Creative Director Scott Simmons catches up with Todd McDevitt and Jon Engel from New Dimensions Comics at Rock Bottom to chat about the comic book industry, pushing your ventures, and 3 Rivers Comicon.
- Scott asks Jon and Todd when and how they first got into comic books
- Jon talks about how Magic the Gathering was the gateway to comic book collecting and his current job
- Todd has been collecting comic books for 31 years and has over two million comic books
- Jon and Todd discuss how the comic book industry has changed
- Movies have changed comic books and comic books have changed movies
- Comic books offer comic book movie lovers background stories and spinoffs
- Comic book movies don’t always follow the comic books and comic book stores can help bridge the gap
- Want to get (back) into comic books? Each New Dimension Comics location has a recommended reading rack to help you get started
- Difficulty of picking what to carry in the stores
- Late 1950s horror comic books were regulated by the government
- As content creators age, their industries are becoming adult
- Todd talks about being an entrepreneur and trying to see how far he can push each venture
- Info about 3 Rivers Comicon: Special guests, tons of artists and vendors, gaming, and comic book authentication
- Supporting the comic book community and looking at their stores as clubhouses that are judgement free zones
- What is an alpha nerd
3 Rivers Comicon, the convention that is putting the Comic Book back into Comicon, is May 20th-21st at Century III Mall. All ages are welcome. With 100+ creators and vendors, 3 Rivers Comicon offers tons of fun for all the nerds in the Burgh.
For more information and purchase tickets visit http://3riverscomicon.com
Are you a comic book fan? Check out one of New Dimension Comics six locations!
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!
Watch us - Youtube.com/TheScareHouse
Follow us - https://twitter.com/ScareHousePGH