Scott Simmons and Kate "Dudders" Dudas join fellow haunters, hustlers, and provocateurs John Laflamboy (Zombie Army Productions) and Pat Konopelski (Shocktoberfest) for an extended conversation about modern haunted attractions.
- John shares the birth and legacy of Chicago's Zombie Army and their much beloved Party Bus
- The true story behind the world famous "Naked and Scared" challenge at Shocktoberfest
- The controversy within our industry about "extreme haunted houses"
- How a theater kid working at a fundraiser found a full time career as a professional haunter
- The secrets of growing a brand that celebrates your culture and your people
- The importance and thrills of producing original video content all year long
- Pat looks back at more than 25 years with Shocktoberfest and how he still finds inspiration from his fellow haunters
- The most important element of any successful haunted attraction
- The challenges of meeting ever-changing expectations of modern haunt audiences
- How the Zombie Army creates the "Appearance of Chaos"
- The importance of sharing ideas and creating a community with fellow haunters
- Why the haunted attraction industry has retained a remarkable safety record
- The continued evolution and boundary pushing nature of haunted attractions
- Why Haunted Attractions fulfill our primal needs for the Rite of Passage
- John and Pat share remarkable stories about haunted house experiences involving fathers and their children
For more information about:
John LaFlamboy and Zombie Army Productions visit http://www.zombiearmyproductions.com/
Statesville Haunted Prison visit http://www.statesvillehauntedprison.com/
Hellsgate Haunted House visit http://www.hellsgate.com/
Pat Konopelski and Shocktoberfest visit http://shocktoberfest.com/
What Happens in ScareHouse Basement? https://youtu.be/6Sc7Yrtuxjo
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!