Three weeks away from opening night, Creative Director Scott Simmons and Katie “Dudders” traveled to Beechview to Sorgatron Media Studios to record a long distance podcast with Ricky Brigante from Inside the Magic. Ricky talks about the challenge running Inside the Magic, his love of theme parks, immersive theater, and what’s next for the industry.
- Inside the Magic covers all things in themed entertainment.
- How Inside the Magic started as a small podcast and has grown in the last fifteen years.
- ScareHouse has been lucky enough to be featured on Inside the Magic several times.
- Ricky is part of the new media generation covering Disney theme parks.
- Ricky grew up in Miami and has been interested in theme parks since he was young.
- How J.K. Rowling’s insistence on being a truly immersive experience at Harry Potter World.
- How major theme parks have totally embraced Halloween.
- Universal Studios is trying to figure out what is the future of Halloween attractions.
- What has influenced Ricky’s career and how he stumbled into creating his own immersive experiences.
- Getting fans to get off the phone and join in real life experience.
- Weaving past methodologies into new stories and sets.
- What Ricky thinks is the future of themed and immersive experiences.
- Moving from technical interactivity to personal interactivity.
- Why theme parks are steadily increase their ticket prices.
- The challenge of running Inside the Magic.
Find Inside the Magic online:
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!
Follow the ScareHouse podcast hosts: Scott Simmons (@ScareHouseScott) and Katie “Dudders” (@kdudders)
Visit us www.ScareHouse.com
Watch us Youtube.com/TheScareHouse
Like us https://www.facebook.com/ScareHouse
Follow us https://twitter.com/ScareHousePGH