Dudders sits down with her haunt siblings, Design Manager Nicole and Operations Manager Nino, to discuss spreadsheets, show flow documents, misconceptions of working at a haunted house, and more spreadsheets.
- Surprisinging your friends with a podcast.
- We answer every haunters’ favorite question, “you’re working on things already?”
- Spreadsheets are a haunters BFF. Thank you, Google Drive!
- Nino and Nicole have very different opinions on color choice in spreadsheets.
- Nino and Nicole outline our showflow documents. We adapted something we learned from Universal Studios.
- Our show flow documents break down the attractions into room details including the narrative, actions, scenic, tech, sounds, and smell.
- Tech talk with Nino.
- You can never have enough reference photos. Nicole talks about her favorite kinds of decay.
- Our leadership team is kind of like the Avengers with our own special powers and skills.
- Are we still using skills we learned in high school? Kinda.
- The misconceptions of working at a haunted house from acting to management.
- Getting your build body back.
- No time for sleeping, laundry, and showers during the build season.
- Most times your coworkers don’t know you’re wearing the same pants several days in a room.
- Forming sibling-like relationships with your coworkers.
- Leaving work blankets and layers at the haunt because it’s so darn cold.
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!
Follow the ScareHouse podcast hosts: Scott Simmons (@ScareHouseScott) and Katie “Dudders” (@kdudders)